BrisbaneNews

Two men dead in Caboolture shooting

Two people have been shot dead in an alleged violent shooting in a suburban unit block north of Brisbane.

Police launched a sting operation across Brisbane after a shooting outside the Cablechar Townhouse complex around 5:30 p.m.

It was only after 8 pm that it was confirmed that a man had been arrested at Victoria Point, about 80 kilometers from the scene.

Witnesses told that they could not “count” the number of shots they heard.

Two men, believed to be in their 20s and 30s, were later found lying bloodied and motionless outside units in busy Lower King St.

It is not yet clear whether the men were shot inside or outside the shooting unit.

Several eyewitnesses said they saw paramedics outside doing CPR on both men, but they could not recover and he was later pronounced dead at Caboolture Hospital.

One person, speaking on condition of anonymity, said he saw two bodies on the driveway.

He said he was going to see his friend in a house at the back of the apartment block when he heard several loud gunshots.

“We’ve heard a lot of shots, I can’t count how many,” he said.

“I was shocked … I knew straight away it was a shooting … it was horrible.” Another eyewitness said he saw forensic officers pulling a body from a unit.

“It was the first body that was pulled,” he said.

“After that, I didn’t see a second because there were so many people standing in their way.”

Police and forensic officers cordoned off the area and police descended on the complex using tape and marquee to protect the crime scene. Blue tarps remained on the ground to identify where the men’s bodies lay.

Officers in the blue forensic cases gathered evidence and spoke to trembling neighbors.

A man in shorts and a T-shirt wearing forensic covers on his shoes spoke to police inside the crime scene.

The police remained slapped about the intent of the accused of the heinous crime.

No complaints were made, but an update from the police is expected overnight.

Acting Detective Inspector Michael Hogan confirmed that a full forensic examination would be conducted at the police station in Cablechar on Saturday night.

“We had information that took us to Victoria Point and a male person was taken into custody,” he said.

The investigation will be a very long process, at least it will take some days.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: